Where to start?
Start by going through Figma's Help Centre - they’ve created an incredible library of easy to follow tutorials which concisely cover all of Figma’s functionalities. For advanced use, check their Best Practices library.
Figma autosaves all your work and creates versions on its own, but it’s not so easy to navigate through auto-generated versions. Make sure you save versions on your own after finishing a specific task or a chunk of work. Versioning in Figma is as easy as it gets; just click File → Save to version history and name it in a way that makes sense and it’s easy to find.
Figma supports permissions at a team, project, and file level, which means we have to make sure all our files exist inside Infinum’s workspace, so nothing gets lost in the shuffle.
When you create a new project (and file inside the project), the file ownership is automatically assigned to you. You'll need to the following for the project and each individual file:
- Click Share
- Invite Infinum to the project (or file)
- After it appears on the list, click the dropdown next to its name and select Owner
- A dialog will pop up, click Transfer ownership
- Repeat this for every file you created.
More on permissions can in Figma's documentation.
If you’re working on a project where the client does not want anyone from outside of the project team to see the files, select the Share option and restrict access to the team members (Remove team access option). It is still important that the project is owned by the Infinum account. If the file is in a project that's shared with everyone on the team, then you cannot restrict access to an individual file in that project. More in Figma's Help Centre.
- Autoflow - Draw flows by selecting 2 objects and a line will be magically drawn between them
- Content Reel - Create library content (names, addresses, photos...) and apply them to layers
- Find and Replace
- Instance Finder
- Design Lint - finds missing styles within your designs on all your layers
- Stark - contrast checker and colorblindness simulator