As you've become a member of the team, you got a Team Lead assigned to help you grow throughout your career at Infinum.
Reach out to them about any information or issues you have regarding work, uncertainties in the design processes, or your career growth.
The usual activities you will have with your team leader are:
- Onboarding in the first days of your arrival to Infinum
- Weekly or biweekly 1on1 meetings where you can talk about anything you want: projects, design, philosophy, personal ups&downs
- Design sync regarding projects you are working on
- Quarterly reviews where you will get feedback on your design, skills, working habits and career growth
- Some random advice or chit chat on Slack
Here are some good pick up lines for your team lead:
- Do you have a second (even though it might take longer)?
- I'm not sure how this tool/design pattern/app/process works.
- I'm not sure how Shutterstock / font / software licensing works
- I'm having issues with design / project / client / PM / team member / private stuff, etc.
- I need feedback on my work and communication.
- I'm not sure how this thing in the office works.
- Where is the conference room / toilet / dev team?
- Who do I need to ask about ____?
- What is the office alarm code assigned to our team?
- Can we move this meeting?
- I need a vacation on Friday.
- I need a day or days off for upcoming exams, graduation, etc.
- I'm not feeling well; I need to go home.
- I'm hungry, let's have lunch!
- I won't be able to finish this on time. Can you help me out?
It doesn't mean that asking anyone else in the team is off-limits. Everyone will be happy to help!
Occasionally, you will work on a project where a design coordinator is assigned to keep track of design progress within budget, deadlines and client's expectations. Most of the time, these are short term projects with a limited time frame, weird processes, or tight budget.
A design coordinator is there to help you and make things normal if stuff gets complicated on the project. They are also there to help if you need a second opinion, critique eye, or pair of extra hands on your project.
Check the 🗝 Design coordination sheet to see the most recent updates and project states.
Every couple of weeks, you will get a calendar invitation from Damjan Vujaklija (Product Director) regarding projects you are working at the moment.
Damjan has got a sixth sense for UX troubles, and he will help you get rid of them early in the design process... or later, but better late than never.
He will make sure the design, or implemented design, is up to mobile and web standards we care about at Infinum. It will also help you develop a good sense of UX patterns and rules across different platforms.
Make sure you improve your flows and design before the next session with Damjan.