"This is how we do it!" — Montell Jordan
Every time someone from the team has a birthday, the rest of the design team gathers in a private Slack channel and spends restless days and nights in search of the perfect gift. For each birthday, we randomly pick someone to be the Birthday gift manager - their job is to keep things going and motivate others to brainstorm until we choose a gift. They also make sure that the present is bought and delivered on time. The budget is usually 40 kunas multiplied by the number of people pitching in. Of course, you can give more or less; it's all about agreement.
Oh, and don't forget to upload birthday photos to our 🗝 scrapbook folder).
There are a couple of different food sources for our team:
- Ordering food delivery - Use the #team-design-food channel to join in on food delivery orders. Sometimes, colleagues from other teams ask for group orders in the #food channel. One person makes an order for a couple of people, and then we break even using KEKS Pay, Revolut, or cash (everyone prefers a different method). We usually have lunch on a kindergarten schedule - around 11.30 AM. Some of us (Ante) like to eat like an adult, in the afternoon (~2 PM).
- Restaurant Lateral - Check out the #food channel for a weekly menu at Lateral. It's the restaurant on the ground floor of the building next door (Strojarska 20).
- Restaurant(?) Magazinska - in the mood for something grilled or fried a couple of times? Beware, going for lunch there could take up around an hour, and you'll need to take a nap afterwards. Sadly, the only vegetarian option here is fries.
- Asian Garden - It's the Chinese place around the corner. Go there only on Wednesdays. Don't even ask for a menu, order C2.
- Bring a home-cooked meal! Everyone will be jelly.