Every time someone from the team has a birthday, the rest of the design team gathers in a private Slack channel and spends restless days and nights in search of the perfect gift. For each birthday, we randomly pick someone to be the Birthday gift manager - their job is to keep things going and motivate others to brainstorm until we choose a gift. They also make sure that the present is bought and delivered on time. So, a birthday manager makes sure that:
- 💬 facilitate brainstorming to come up with present ideas
- 🛍 purchase the gift
- 🎁 gift-wrapping and birthday card
- ⏱ make sure the gift is on time
The budget is usually 40 kunas multiplied by the number of people pitching in. Of course, you can give more or less; it's all about agreement. Oh, and don't forget to upload birthday photos to our 🗝 scrapbook folder).
There are a couple of different food sources for our team:
- Ordering food delivery - Use the #team-design-food channel to join in on food delivery orders. Sometimes, colleagues from other teams ask for group orders in the #food channel. One person makes an order for a couple of people, and then we break even using KEKS Pay, Revolut, or cash (everyone prefers a different method). We usually have lunch on a kindergarten schedule - around 11.30 AM. Some of us (Ante) like to eat like an adult in the afternoon (~2 PM).
- Restaurant Trattoria Laterale - Check out their Facebook page for a weekly menu. It's the restaurant on the ground floor of the building next door (Strojarska 20).
- Restaurant(?) Magazinska - in the mood for something grilled or fried a couple of times? Beware, going for lunch there could take up around an hour, and you'll need to take a nap afterward. Sadly, the only vegetarian option here is fries.
- Asian Garden - It's the Chinese place around the corner. Go there only on Wednesdays. Don't even ask for a menu; order C2.
- Bring a home-cooked meal! Everyone will be jelly.