Offboarding a project
Last modified on Tue 29 Sep 2020
A list of things you need to do before another designer takes over your project
- Invite the designer to all necessary files, folders and e-mail threads
- Invite the designer to relevant internal and client Slack channels
- Invite the designer to recurring meetings
- Introduce a new designer to the project team
- Share important links and access credentials (username, pass) to app builds or website staging
- Check if everyone at Infinum has access to the file.
- Check if the owner of the file and project is Infinum account.
- Schedule and make a general file cleanup: organise screens into flows, clean up the styleguide and get rid of unused styles and components.
- Check whether all pages have proper names and progress status (WIP, To-do, Done).
- Delete all the unused versions in the archive page.
Assets and documentation
- Make sure the new designer has access to Google Drive folder.
- Organize fonts and brand assets into Materials folder (if not done before).
- Pin important decisions and explanations on Slack channels.
- Let the new designer know where to find what.
- Make sure the designer goes through design coordination docs in the 🗝 coordination table.
- Make a brief presentation about the project setup, requirements and future tasks for the new designers.
- Introduce quirky terms or glossary specific to the project.
- Schedule a Figma file walkthrough meeting.
- Get into details on design system organisation and component use.
- Explain brand guidelines, color and typography use.
- Explain annotations or comments for developers.
- Explain how you communicate with the client usually (Slack, e-mail or weekly calls).
- Explain how you deliver and present the solutions.
- Explain the meeting setup (daily standups, weekly calls).
- Schedule a meeting with the project team and explain the way of working with developers and QA.
- Don’t forget to mention the importance of doing regular design reviews.
- Assign all of the tasks to the new designer.
- think of some nice ice-breaking tasks for the onboarding.
- Let your PM know if you managed to go through everything regarding Figma file clean up so he can count in some extra time for the new designer to do it.