Lead React Engineer
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are hiring an experienced Lead React Engineer who is ready to promptly react to challenges and enhance team efficiency and project delivery.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a frontend or full-stack developer
- 4+ years of experience in React
- ability and willingness to inspire and lead the team from a technical perspective
- great interpersonal and communication skills
- ability to handle new projects as well as improve existing ones
- great understanding of various browsers and the web in general
- experience working in hands-on, cross-functional product teams with short feedback loops
- excellent command of English
- experience with React Hooks
- experience with Next.js
- experience with CSS—css-in-js (Emotion, styled-components, or similar) or good old (S)CSS
- experience in TypeScript
- experience with any kind of state management (MobX, Redux, React state)
As a developer, you should be experienced with
- terminal (git, npm, yarn, etc.)
You’ll get an extra edge if you’ve worked with
- Chakra UI
- React Server Components
- Panda CSS
- onboarding and mentoring new team members
- keeping up to date with existing and upcoming technologies and sharing your knowledge
- leading process improvement initiatives to enhance team efficiency and project delivery
- supporting team members in making technical decisions
- taking care of code quality
- participating in the hiring process
- collaborating with Team Leads across the company
- delivering features in close collaboration with backend developers
- defining tasks and providing time estimates
- writing clean, maintainable code and testing it
- presenting your solutions in front of clients and/or a group of colleagues
- proactively communicating with other team members and project stakeholders
- working in a cross-functional team
- using agile methodologies in your work
The selection process
You talk to Team Lead, Lead Engineer, and the HR person leading you through the selection process. You get to know Infinum, your potential future team, and position, while we also get to know you. It can also include a live coding assignment to better assess your technical knowledge.
You solve a couple of psychological tests that usually include personality tests, logical sequences, and performance and concentration tests, which give us an insight into your character, capacities, and aptitudes.
All going well, in this stage we send you the offer, which includes all the information from salary details, vacation days, and educational budget, to other perks and benefits of working at Infinum.
Next thing you know
Next thing you know, you’ll be quick to react to all the messages on the JS team’s Slack channel.
We choose Next.js as a React framework for our applications.
Chakra UI allows us to make accessible and attractive apps effectively.
Ever since we introduced Jest, testing has gotten easier, and now we try our best to use it wherever it makes sense.
We use GitHub Actions to build, test, and deploy our client code.
All of our work is on Github. Everything goes through pull requests and code reviews with your future team members.
Working with other people is so much easier with a mature style guide. We use ESLint to help us enforce a consistent code style.
A tool in our tool belt that helps us save time both on formatting discussions and actual formatting.
We use Productive for time tracking, budgeting, and project management. It helps us have all the information in one place.
Frontend handbook is our go-to place for an assorted collection of practices used within the team and company.
We use Slack for work and fun. It’s our go-to tool for maintaining sanity both in the office and remotely.
What do we offer?
Feedback and feedforward
Honest communication fuels growth. In our 1 on 1 sessions, 360 reviews, and career progression meetings, we discuss what is great and what could be improved.
Additional equipment budget
A little extra to supplement your standard work equipment. Pick a latest-model mobile phone, tablet, e-book reader, or a pair of earphones you’ve been dreaming about. Mix & match, why not.
Contributing to open source
Sharing is caring doesn’t only apply to chocolate.
If you’re eager to learn, we’re eager to help. Every employee receives an educational budget.
Paid language courses
Paid language courses help our employees master the English language.
Doing a career switch
We don’t have a sorting hat to tell you where you belong, but we will support your career switch from one job position to another.
Traveling on business
Having clients all over the world means our employees sometimes have to travel to and work from beautiful locations.
Stay in shape with a sponsored fitness membership of your choice.
Sponsored health checks
You know the old saying – the greatest wealth is health.
Office location? Anywhere. It’s all about flexibility.
Snack on fruit, cookies, and nuts to keep your energy levels up.
Car and bike parking
Don’t let it get caught in the rain. We offer free parking for bicycles and subsidized car parking.
Flexible working hours
Tailor your working hours to fit your schedule.
Fun and games budget
Every team gets a monthly budget to hang out and do fun stuff.